Annunciation GOYA News
Our First GOYA meeting will be on Friday, September 7 @ 7:30 pm in the youth room.
- Upcoming events are on bottom of this email….
- Youth Room Renovations are under way. We are hoping they will be done for the first GOYA meeting.
- Thank you to everyone for all of your help clearing the youth room: Alex, Andrew, Aris, Teddy, George and Krista Koronios, Philip and Helen Swanson, George and Eleni Roros, Corinna, Alexi and Nora Vlahoyiannis and Manuel Matsos.
GOYA Registrations for 2012-2013
- Please complete your GOYA registration forms and Tournament Survey and return with your Stewardship dues of $30 per GOYAn. Return registration forms/tournament survey/stewardship check to Connie Anagnostou (GOYA V.P.), drop off at GOYA mailbox in church office or mail to Annunciation Cathedral GOYA, Attn: Connie Anagnostou, 24 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
- CLICKHERE for Registration Forms.
Sunday Divine Liturgy Attendance
- Please remember to stop by the church office to see a GOYA advisor every Sunday from 10-10:15 am to verify attendance starting September 9. If you know in advance that you are not able to attend liturgy, email Mr. Matsos – email@example.com
St. Connie’s Basketball Tournament:
- September 28 & 29 – Champion Fieldhouse 40 Southlawn Court in Rockville, MD
- Registration is due by September 16th. ($45) Make Check Payable to Annunciation GOYA.
- Non players are more than welcome to come cheer on all our Goya teams!!
Purple Sunday Ravens Fan Fest
- Sunday, Sept 16th after church …Goyan Ravens fundraiser event: $10 per person for Tailgate lunch
- Join us for a Purple Sunday Ravens fan fest!!! Show your Ravens spirit…Prizes will be awarded!!
- Come have lunch and watch the LIVE broadcast of Baltimore Ravens vs. Philadelphia Eagles 1pm game on the large screen!!! This is a Goya fundraiser!
- Contact Corinna for tickets or additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org
New GOYA Logo
- The GOYA quest for a new logo design has currently produced four candidates. There is still time to submit any ideas you may have for our new logo. E-mail your design to Manuel, email@example.com.
GOYA Facebook page:
Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation GOYA. CLICK Here see our FACEBOOK Page.
- If you are in 7th grade up to 12th grade come join us·
- Girls -Mondays 6:30 to 8 in the Social hall. Contact Rob Merrifield at Robert.Merrifield@nasco.com
- Boys –Tuesdays 6:30 to 8:45 in the Social Hall. Contact Van Sidou at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basketball UNIFORMS: For all new players, the uniform is $85. Let Mrs. Eleni at email@example.com know what size you will need as well as the spelling of the last name as it will appear on the back of the jersey. The uniform consists of shorts and jersey.
- Basketball Tournament Update:
- Tournament is scheduled for Nov. 17 & 18 at The Park School.
- September 9 is our first Tournament meeting after church in Youth Room -Parents and GOYAns are requested to attend.
- Time to sell ads for ad book!!!
- An email letter went out to all GOYAn and parents outline the 2 new changes this year to the ad book.
- First, the GOYAns have teamed up with our Annunciation Greek Festival committee to create an ad book for the festival in conjunction with the tournament ad book. Pricing details is available on the attached Ad form. Please see letter for more information.
- Second, this year each GOYAn will be set up with a “member account”. Member Accounts are being created so GOYAns will have a mechanism for offsetting trip, activity, basketball tournament registration fees and spirit wear costs throughout the year. As fundraisers occur during the year, some fundraisers such as the ad book will be designated as “profit sharing” fundraisers. As these designated fundraisers are established, the profit share information (the amount going to the GOYA general fund and the amount going to the individual “member accounts”) will be noted. Additional information about the member accounts is attached. For the Ad Book program the profit share will be 50% to the member account and 50% to the GOYA general fund.
- Please see emailed letter for more information on both of the above changes.
- Committee Signups: All GOYAns must sign up for a tournament committee and help out. If you are interested in chairing a committee, we need GOYA Chairs for Food, First Aid/Water, Concessions. If you are interested in chairing or co-chairing a committee, please email Eleni Roros at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration-Stephanie, Ad Book-Kaliope, Dance-Nicole, Give Aways-Connie, Trophies-George, Banners-Nicole, Score keepers- Corinna, Schedules-Dimitri Sidou, Refs- Vasili Sidou
- CLICK Here to download the AD Form
- The First Annual Regional Scouting Retreat will be September 29, 2012.
This is open to all Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, American Heritage Girls, as well as adult scouters. Come join us for fellowship, activities, hiking, food, liturgy and a camp fire. The retreat will be at Sts. Constantine and Helen Church in Annapolis.
For more information contact Elizabeth Johnston at email@example.com or 315-523-3561
Tournament AD book NEEDS your photos!·
- Please ADD your GOYA photos to Snapfish Goya Group page http://annungoya.snapfish.com/snapfish/otsc=SYE/otsi=CRI
- Or give them on a cd to Kaliopi
Upcoming GOYA events:
- Sept 7th – Goya meeting @ 7:00pm
- Sept 8th – St. Demetrios Soccer Tourn & Dance @St D’s
- Sept 9th – Affirmation of Goya council
- Sept 9th – GOYA Tournament Meeting after church.
- Sept 16th – GOYA Purple Sunday Ravens Fan Fest Fundraiser – Live broadcast 1pm game time
- Sept 29th – Scouting Retreat at Sts. Constantine and Helen Church in Annapolis
- Sept 29th-30th- St Connie’s Bball Tournament
SAVE THE DATE:
- Nov 2-4th – Annunciation Greek Food & Cultural Festival
- Nov 17-18th – Annunciation Basketball Tournament @ Park School
Tentative Timeframe for upcoming Tournaments:
- St. Connie – September 28 & 29
- St. George – October 20 & 21St.
- Wilmington – February 16 & 17
- St. Nick’s – February/March
- St. Demetrios – March 16 & 17
- St. Katherine’s – May 11 & 12
- Annapolis – May
- We will not be attending all of these but keep the timeframe in mind.
See you at the first meeting September 7th!